Girls (All Ages) CDLA Female Lacrosse Club
The Female Lacrosse Association is now known as FURY LACROSSE and can be found on their website at www.furylacrosse.ca
Online registration is now open for the Female Lacrosse Club for the 2023 season!
Click here to register your daughter online!
The Female Lacrosse Association
The CDLA is excited that the Female Lacrosse Association (“FLA”) is proceeding toward its inaugural year for the 2019 Lacrosse season. One of the primary goals of the new association is to promote the growth of female lacrosse within the CDLA area boundaries to retain existing and entice new players into the sport.
Mission Statement of the Female Lacrosse Association
To enhance the lives of female athlete through the sport of Lacrosse. To foster confidence, leadership and teamwork while giving back to the communities where our athletes live and play.
Benefits to an All-Female Lacrosse Club
- i) Focus - Development of strong, empowered female athletes is the priority. The FLA will create a culture that fosters development across the skill spectrum to ensure players enjoy success both on and beyond the field
- ii) Growth - The FLA will promote the sport of lacrosse to females within the CDLA boundaries and provide a safe and positive environment for new and existing players.
- iii) Competition - Combining the female membership allows for tiering of play, enhancing the experience for new and experienced players alike.
- iv) Tournaments - Fury Lacrosse will be organizing and promoting tournaments including the ongoing tradition of the Girls Rock Tournament.
U11 and U13 Girls Box Lacrosse Rules of Play
- Shot clock applies
- Body contact as per CLA Rule Book
- the duration of the game is to be 3 - 15 minute straight time periods
- A score sheet must be completed for each game
- All goals, assists and penalties are recorded on the game sheet and displayed on the score clock
- A differential of more than 5 goals shall not be displayed
U15 and U17 Girls Box Lacrosse Rules of Play are the same as the boys.
All divisions will have playoffs.
The Gold and Silver Medalists from the U13, U15 and U17 divisions will attend Provincials July 14-16,2023 in Edmonton